Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of seven different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements. Most auto policies are for six months to a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
An auto insurance typically contains seven separate and distinct parts:
1. Bodily Injury Liability - For injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
2. Property Damage Liability - For damage the policyholder caused to someone else's property.
3. Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection - For treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car. PIP can cover medical payments,lost wages and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident.
4. Collision - Covers damages to the policyholder's car from a collision. The collision could be with another car,a light post, fire hydrant,etc.
5. Comprehensive - Cover's damage to the policyholder's car that doesn't involve a collision with another car. Typically cover's fire,theft,falling objects flood,etc.
6. Uninsured Motorist - Cover's treatment of policyholder's injuries as a result of a collision with an uninsured driver.
7. Underinsured Motorists - Coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has auto liability insurance,but the limits of the insurance are inadequate to pay for your damage's
As an independent insurance agency, we specialize in providing you with the best insurance package.Our job is to build you a coverage portfolio from a wide range of risk protection options available.If you are looking for the best auto insurance rates in Michigan in Troy give us a call.
No matter where you are in your life, JT Insures Me in Troy can talk you through how your insurance coverage needs may change during life’s big moments, as well as the little ones in between. Together, we can help make insurance a part of planning for your financial future, so you can enjoy each moment knowing you have the right protection.
100 W. Big Beaver Rd. Suite 200 Troy, MI 48084 email@example.com
JT Insures Me
JT Insures Me 100 W. Big Beaver Rd. Suite 200 Troy, MI 48084 (248) 765-3872 Jerry@jtinsuresme.com
JT Insures Me © All Rights Reserved.